Flutter Github Search is a cross-platform mobile application powered by Flutter Framework and Github API.
The application was built with simplicity in mind so that users are able to search github users and bookmark their profile/repos for quick and easy access.
The Flutter Github Application uses an easy to use UI so that only prompts the user to enter a username, or simply click on a bookmarked user/repo.
|Landing Page||User Page|
How to Seach Users
- Initial page will prompt for you to search for username.
- This will search for user’s github username and return information of the user if the user exist underneath the search bar.
- Click on the user view the user’s public repositories.
How to Add Users to Bookmarks
- On initial homepage when searching a user, once user has populate under the search tab. Simply long press the user box until popup appears.
- On the repo page simply long press the user avatar until popup appears.
- Powered By SQLite
- Powered by Github API
Github Search uses Github API to return github related data such as public repos, avatar, name, and bio.
Open Source Projects
Github Search uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- Connectivity – Allows app to discover network connectivity and configure themseleves accordingly allowing app to show error when not connected to the internet.
- Flushbar – Makes it easier to display snackbar messages.
- Provider – For State Management
- http – Future based library for making HTTP requests
- flutter_spinkit – animated loading icons
- url_launcher – Flutter plugin for launching a URL in the mobile platform
Mobile Application Installation
Flutter Github Application in progress of being uploaded to both the iOS and Android App store.
- Write MORE Tests
- Add smoother transitions/animations.
- Feature to bookmark users or repos (almost complete)
- Add more features