About this App
A weather app inspired by the beautiful designs made by Alyssa-Maree. In this App you’ll be able to find out the live weather data in the current location, hourly weather and 7 day weather of the device as well as the weather for any city you can think of!
What is used in this project
- How to use Dart to perform asynchronous tasks.
- Async and await.
- Network with the Dart http package.
- OpenWeatherAPI to get weather data using latitude, longitude and city
- JSONs and parse them using the Dart convert package.
- Pass data forwards and backwards between screens using the Navigator.
- Handle exceptions in Dart using try/catch/throw.
- Lifecycle of Stateful Widgets and override them.
- Geolocator package to get live location data for both iOS and Android.
- TextField Widget to take user input.
- Spinner to show to user while the data loads.
- Day and Night UI colour change dynamically.
- ExpansionPanelList view.
- Feels like temperature
- Max temperature
- Wind speed
- Day/night mode
- Search weather by city
- Get current weather on clicking on ‘place icon’
- Hourly Weather Forecast with dynamic temperature, weather icon and time in horizontal scrolling
- Get Autocomplete list of cities as you type using Google Places API
- Google Places API for searching city name.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast with Expandable List. Expand it to reveal more data.